Monday 14 September 2015

Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry

Loving Mr. DanielsLoving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"..Guilt was harsh, but hope was just as powerful a weapon"


Having this on my TBR for months long, begging to be read, I couldn't have waited much longer to be honest and goddamn, I'm so glad I've read it when I did.

Brittainy C. Cherry is a new author to me and I can say she is a perfectionist in expressing the right words to make you feel indescribable things. Now, I've got an immense guilty pleasure for forbidden romance novels and it's so rare to get ones that touch your heart and soul because there's too many out there that is just too predictable hence can get boring or whatever especially teacher/student but this book was totally opposite with the way you become captivated from page 1. Brittainy makes you feel the passion, rawness, chemistry, heartbreaks, joy, honesty, intensity and the most? The love, that ends you in a fucking mess of emotions.

"It was a pity that nice guys could hurt, because everyone knew that their hearts hurt the most."


"Touch me when you're gone. Leave me when you're near. Love me with my shattered pieces."- Romeo's Quest


Daniel Daniels and Ashlyn Jennings ' relationship is just as what the blurb says "Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection. It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter". - and that's exactly what it was. Their beginning of the relationship was what every other introductions are - innocent, naive and pure.. Two lonely people looking for each other. You don't get to see the what's meant to be prohibited, instead you saw the fragile pieces that got them together and individually that makes them thus making them quintessential for each other. Their relationship was not at all boasting about sexual or the physical attraction, it was something deeper that you couldn't put into words and somehow you get the feeling what they're feeling too and that's the allurement of it.

"You know those people you could go years without seeing and when you finally get together it felt like no time had passed? Hold on to them people."


"Sometimes I feel like you're hiding behind your books to avoid reality."


What they went through separately as well as together, tore my heart and you'd have to read it to understand, because it's indescribable.
I sobbed, and smiled, and laughed,- my heart broke and it repaired with them!

"..Life sucks, Daniel. It sucks. It's mean, it's vicious, and it's unapologetic. It's dark and cruel. But then, sometimes, it's so beautiful that it knocks all of that darkness out of your system with the light."


Ashlyn is a character who I could relate to, how she felt 2nd best to not only her mother but her father and losing someone that was part of her, her sister - that ripped me but what made up for it was Hailey and Ryan and I seriously loved them - I was eternally grateful Ashlyn had them to be honest because she needed that family. But how it ended with Ryan, I sobbed, my heart couldn't take it, such a heartwarming person man! Damn, I miss him and I always will.
Now, Daniel, life didn't treat him good either but he survived facing trials and tribulations on the way. His vulnerability and selflessness even though his close ones tried to fought him, was just maddening! No relationship is worth it without hardships and personal struggles, that's why you have each other and find the light in each other.

"Memories were scary, how they could break you with simply your own thoughts."


"Right now, we were just two people made to screw up, fuck up, and learn new things. We were made perfectly imperfect."


The way Brittainy executed this story, it's faultless. It's bizarre how a book can rip you open and make you bleed. So much deaths, it was gut-wrenching but don't let that put you off, the beauty of this was learning how each different character coped through these in ways that completely differ plus it's laid out like you're receiving everyone's point of view not only the two people. And, and, and there's plenty of Shakespeare to be passed around!

"Leave the past behind you so the future can find you"


"What do you want to be when you grow up? Because growing up never stops, and dreaming never ceases"- Ryan.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment