Saturday 24 October 2015

Sudden Desires (Sweet Promise #1) by Shanora Williams

Sudden Desires (Sweet Promise #1)Sudden Desires by Shanora Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Can I quickly claim something? GRIFFIN BOYD IS LEGIT NOW MY HUSBAND. Yeah, okay, thanks, xoxo.

*** ARC provided kindly by the Author for an honest review ***

Oh my fucking God. Wtf have I just read? My heart literally can't take it and unless the Sudden Flames, #2 ain't out any time soon my heart isn't gonna repair itself either... My Griff. *sigh* So yes, the amazing Shanora Williams has freaking done it again!! To be honest, she is an extremely new author to me and after what she made me feel reading her book Tainted Black I knew, just knew, she'll captivate me again with her words and just throw me to the dogs which is exactly what she did.

"There are fucked up people in this world-people that want so much out of life and when they finally achieve it, it blows up right in their face."


This book is seriously full of (DIRTY) secrets, hidden desires, betrayal, drama, forgotten vows, mistrusts, passion, love affairs, angst, jealousy, LUST-sparks, temptation, angst, hatred, deceit, determination, self-conceited persona's, promises, sleazy businessmen, an alpha male, a bitchy resentful wife, a sexy 'mistress' and a best friend who doesn't deserve the title. Gah, so much twists and turns!

"This woman's looks alone could bring any man to his knees. Powerful sex appeal that would make the same man commit murder to keep her. What was Gd thinking when he created her?"


"Most men in situations like Griffin Boyd only worry about one thing: themselves. They don't care if their wife is happy and if she isn't he'll find someone else that is and treat her to whatever. But Griffin cares. He tries. I can tell."


I feel like if I say too much, I'ma seriously ruin the whole mystery about the book and trust me, the blurb just gives you a tiny, TINY insight to what the book is really about and to be able to dig deep, you gotta read between the lines and gosh, believe me, it's there, you just gotta be extra insightful and be aware. That is the beauty of Shanora's writing especially within this book where she makes you rethink the revelations (which weren't pretty I'm telling you, I hate her so fucking much!) you may have concluded and damn, it's mind-fuckery at it's best! The story just INTOXICATED me. What an extraordinary story-line.

"He wasn't happy and strangely, I wanted to fix that.."


Griffin Boyd and Angelina Clark I root for. She's so kind, quick-witted, sassy and beautiful and so caring. Fresh of breath of air to Griffin's life, to be honest. Griffin, my oh my, his mystery persona, his sexy mouth and fucking arrogance, turned me on like no other but his vulnerable side? That's even more sexier. I fell in love him from the beginning and I couldn't help wanting to reach into the book for him and tell him everything he deserves to hear. Just like she said, "..how can any woman resist this? Resist him? Such a beautiful, beautiful man." How the book climaxed.. I haven't felt so lost for another character for a long time, as I did for Griffin, damn, did I sob, yes SOB. *sigh* Shanora, damnnn!

"Her body reacts to every touch, every trace of my tongue. when I nibble, she bucks. When I suck, she moans. When I like, she grabs my hair. It's perfection, really. I have to admit that right now, I don't feel like a married man. I feel like a young college boy with with much more control."


"Her pussy is delectable, so juicy and sweet. Christ, I could eat her all fucking night long-forever if I wanted."


Okayyy, I've said enough, yup. Just know, it's one heck of a book part of a series and there's so much more to how everything plays out! Ah, all I question is.. Can Griffin continue carrying on something that is so forbidden but oh so right at the same time?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment