Saturday 20 June 2015

Hudson (Fixed, #4) by Laurelin Paige

Hudson (Fixed, #4)Hudson by Laurelin Paige
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy Shit! So this was my first time indulging in Laurelin Paige's writing and damn, I was in a roller coaster.

"I can easily divide my life into two parts—before her and after.."


It was about time I completed this series to be honest, as it's been on my TBR for months now and boy, did I miss out by not reading sooner. Laurelin, you are AMAZEBALLS for being able to give us his POV from the 3 books. I loved how you took us readers on a ride where you can't help but feel every sensation which are just the perfect amount of sexy, love, humor, dislike, angst, - every emotion - revelations, jealousy, drama, alpha maleness, just everything!! This book definitely made up for the parts which were missed out from the trilogy, even then, them 3 books were set in quintessential length thus gave the characters ample time to develop and not be rushed in comparison to many other novels, so absolutely this will keep your interest thoroughly peaked!! Hudson is for sure the best interpretation of the main character (hero) I’ve read.

"How could I be expected to identify light when I dwell in total darkness myself?"


Hudson Pierce and Alayna Withers is the couple to honestly adore. The saying, two negatives makes a postive seriously fits them. Both having negative pasts individually thus, together they become something positive as well as individually too. Their stubbornness, similarities, her recklessness and his sexy mouth/dominance is just divine.

"...but there is no doubt in my mind that we belong together. We fit together. We fix each other. We make each other whole"


Hudson Pierce is one mutherfucking sexy male. Damn, he was hot to visualize. Not gonna lie, I disliked him a bit for how he began his relationship with Alayna and not telling her but reading his side of things and getting to know him melted me and I couldn't hate him, not that I did anyway, how can you, especially when I fell harder for him!?! The life before Alayna was seriously where you couldn't help but want to comfort his problems/doubts away and make him realize there will be light!! I hated how Celia took advantage of his trust for her by betraying him by hurting him back - selfish cow! - and Sophia, his mother was just ugh, infuriating. She's the sociopath not him! I cried for him, I did. He didn't deserve not knowing how not to love or be loved. I am forever grateful to Mira though, for being his source of comfort. She and Chandler were a breath of fresh air. Not forgetting Jack, just like his son, he's charming!
Moreover, Hudson's vulnerability and acknowledging his emotions shredded me, especially how he fought for Alayna when all was revealed. Knowing what he went through, how he dealt with it and then exposing himself to her and to his newly discovered emotions was excruciating and a blessing at once, also having experienced that and then seeing how he developed into the Hudson we were ended with was just enthralling! Its indescribable.

"I love Alayna Withers. And each drop of that love is so laced with pain that it travels through my veins like acid, burning and scarring me from inside out."

"..The only thing you've asked for, the only thing I would never give you, was me." She tries to swallow back the gasp, but it comes out anyway. "But now I do" I throw my arms open wide. "Here I am, precious. I give myself freely. All of me, Alayna. No more walls or secrets or games or lies. I give you all of me, honestly. For forever, if you'll take it."


Still cannot believe the chapter to Hudson's and Alayna's story is finished but the ending made up for it and their story will be forever cherished, so yeah, basically, I recommend and it deserves more than the 5* 's. It's gonna be a while to get over this series, I'm still taking my time processing everything. whooo.

"When you love someone, their world interests you more than your own.."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment