Tuesday 7 July 2015

Smoldering (Smoldering, #1) by Tiffany Aleman

SmolderingSmoldering by Tiffany Aleman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"..Real love is more like the ocean. It knows no depths. It just keeps growing and growing. Sometimes it can be relentless and unforgiving like the waves crashing into each other, but eventually it will even out and become calm again. It will give and take just like the tide coming in and going out."


I'm seriously in awe of Tiffany Aleman after reading this book. She took me on a whirlwind of feelings. The book was filled with a roller-coaster of heartfelt emotions - love being the biggest, humor, joy, sadness, compassion, understanding, affinity and longing and amazing chemistry and bonds! Also whilst reading the book I realized the main character (Hero) was actually part of the army, which I seriously didn't expect but the surprise just made it so much better.
Reading this book I felt like I actually understood the possibility of losing someone without any control of the situation. I couldn't help but be blubbering mess for the reality of the book, the characters and questioning how people do it and acknowledging the responsibilities people carry.

"We found each other."


Now, both the main characters Kelsey Connor and Riley Jackson I loved getting to know. From the beginning Kelsey just captivated me and how she was treated was so unfair. I just wanted to reach out and comfort her! Thanks to her best friend though, she came out the other side stronger and better. Hats off to her for earning her independence. Now welcome Handsome and amazing Riley and damn, he was hot!! I loved him from the start and then as the story developed I loved him even more. His dirty mouth was mouth-watering too. Both together were definitely one whole. It was amazing to see the development of their bond together.

"He's saving me and doesn't even know it"

***
"This sweet cunt is mine." He groans out, slapping my ass, "to worship, to fuck, to do with whatever I please. Do you understand?"..

***
"Just from his touch, my body smolders with lust. Just from his voice, my body burns with need. Just one look from him and my body blazes with a fervor I've never known before."


There was a part in the book where I hated both their stubbornness but that's just the way it is. I was in wonderment to be honest with their relationship everything there was, yes including the sad moments too and my, I loved the secondary characters just as much, especially Gus, the charming old gentleman.

"Make him earn you."


Definitely a best read so far this month and out of most the army/military books I'd read, this one is by far the book that's gonna remain close to my heart for a long time, I'm still trying to comprehend it! Gaaaaaah, I just loved it. The emotions I felt was overpowering as I've said before, in a good way. I hadn't cried whilst reading a book in a while so this will remain in my heart. If you haven't read this, what you waiting for??

"Your heart is the purest of hearts. Your spirit shines like a beacon does for ships coming in from the sea. Your smile captivates me. Your soul consumes me.I am under your spell and I never want to be cured."





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment